Users may be imported to the Portal after installation by following the steps below.
1. Download the Passageways User Configuration file.
2. Export user fields from Active Directory.
3. Add the user information to the Passageways User Configuration file.
- The Active Directory, First Name, and Last Name fields MUST be filled out.
- Additional fields, or re-ordering the fields, will result in a failure to import.
- Format the Birth Day and Birth Month fields as 2 digits.
- Do NOT add commas or special characters in the fields. This is a CSV file and will cause the import to not work correctly.
4. Save the Passageways User Configuration file as a CSV file type.
5. Save the file to the root of the C drive on the Passageways Portal application server.
6. Download, and extract, the UserImport Zip file appropriate for your portal attached to this article. UserImport6.2.zip is for any portal on portal framework version 6.2 and up, UserImport.zip for portals on any version older than 6.2.
7. Save the UserImport.aspx file at the root of the Portal folder.
ex. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Production Portal\UserImport.aspx
8. Navigate to the Portal FROM THE SERVER.
9. Enter http://PortalURL/UserImport.aspx
10. Browse and select the CSV file, then click 'Submit'
11. This gives a breakdown of the information that will be imported and will display errors if the CSV file is incorrect.
12. If satisfied, re-browse to the file, check the 'Commit Users' checkbox, then click 'Submit'.
13. The import will display either that users were successfully imported, or list an error for each user if unsuccessful.
Once a user has been imported, no fields will import afterwards.