Sandbox Portal Data Refresh
This article outlines the process of a ‘data refresh’. This involves taking Production Portal data and restoring to the Sandbox Portal so updates applied to the Sandbox Portal first, reflect current Production Portal content.
Note: Passageways can assist with the data refresh for a fee.
- Verify that the Production and Sandbox Portals are on the same framework AND module versions. This is a critical step & will result in Portal errors if not followed.
- Update the Portals so that they are on the same versions for all modules and framework if needed, before proceeding to the next step. Please contact Passageways Technical Support by emailing email@example.com or calling 765-535-1880 opt.1 if issues are encountered while updating.
- Take backups of all Production Portal databases.
- Restore Production Portal databases over the Sandbox Portal databases.
- Verify the Sandbox user in connection strings is database owner.
- Copy the Production Portal file structure contents.
- Replace the Production Portal file structure contents over the Sandbox Portal.
- Change all connection strings to point to Sandbox Portal databases:
- Portal Connection String
- Documents Connection String
- Module configs (some modules may not apply to customers)
- Assigned Tasks
- Expense Reports
- Form Builder
- Help Desk
- Meeting Packets
- Products and Services
- Read Receipt
- Vendor Management
- Consulting Applications Configs
- Apparel Cart
- Blog Featured
- Employee Recognition
- In- Out Board
- Web.Config- Application Root and FileCabinetContent Path need changed to reflect Sandbox URL.
- Folder paths in module configs:
- Announcements- Attachments
- Assigned Tasks- Attachments
- Auctions- UploadedDocuments
- Expense Reports- Receipts or ReceiptAttachments
- Form Builder- FormImages and UploadedForms
- Help Desk- Attachments
- Meeting Packets- Attachments, UploadedImages, PublishedPacketFiles, UploadedImages
- Products and Services- Documents
- Read Receipt- UploadedDocuments
- Reservations- ObjectImages
- Standard- EmailAttachments
- Vendor Management- VendorLogos, UploadedFiles
-Also copy the FileCabinetContent folder at the root level of the Passageways folder.
9. Update the Customnavigationnodes.config to reflect the Sandbox URL. This can be found here - Drive:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test Portal\customnavigationnodes.config
10. Perform a URL change on the Test Portal Databases. URL Change scripts are located here: https://support.passageways.com/hc/en-us/articles/204571820-How-To-Change-the-Passageways-Portal-URL
10. Make sure the Sandbox Portal is up and running properly.
11. If no issues are found with the refreshed Sandbox Portal, you are now ready to proceed with updates to the Sandbox Portal to better test with Production Portal content.
Database Backup- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187510.aspx
Database Restore- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177429.aspx