A user would like to change the password for their Identity account. While we normally recommend against this change, we can understand why customers would want to change the user.
There are 12 locations where the password needs to be changed for the portal to function properly. Here they are in decreasing order of importance:
- The Portal User Identity Account Password in Active Directory
- Application Pool account for which the portal runs under.
- Passageways web.config.
- Website Anonymous User Account (IIS6 – Website Properties -> Directory Security -> Authentication and access control).
- Passageways Portal Agent config file.
- Passageways Portal Agent Service account logon under Services.
- DT Search web.config (only if it is there).
- DT Search Scheduled Task - Account to run under.
- EIM Serversettings. config (EIM 5.0 and newer versions)
- Portal User Profile - Change password if the user exists in the portal.
- Mapped Network Drive Folders (Listed under Portal Tools -> Manage Portal Documents -> Manage Folders
- SQL Service