Please find the Expressway Installation Guide attached for full details on how the server should be configured as well as installing and updating your Passageways Portal.
Expressway can be accessed by going to https://mysoftware.passageways.com
As of 9/7/2016, Expressway is now a software you will install on the webserver and it will then reside there without having to continue to download and run it each time.
Due to this, the web server now requires .Net 4.6.1 to be installed. In addition, for new portal installations, the IIS 6 Compatibility must also be installed.
Here is a quick rundown of the Expressway Installation Guide:
- Details for Application Server:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32 & 64 bit)
- Details for SQL Server:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Edition
2. Configuring your server for Expressway
2a. IIS will need to be installed
2b. Install .NET v2-v4.5, as well WCF & Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 Features
2c. SQL will need to be installed. Make sure to install Full-Text indexing.
3. Updating your Passageways Portal for Expressway
- Please contact Passageways Technical Support if your portal is on PFW v4.7.2 or any prior versions for update assistance!
4. Installing the Passageways Portal using Expressway
Have the following items ready before installing:
- Create a Windows Identity that is an administrator on the web server, but a regular domain user. This account should have a non-expiring password.
- Create a SQL user
- 'dbcreator' Server Role
- Uncheck 'Enforce password policy', 'Enforce password expiration', & 'User must change password at next login'
- Have connection string and authentication credentials handy
- IP Address or Domain Name of SMTP server
- If the website will be external, have your external DNS and SSL certificate prepared.
- Have your internal DNS record ready if you plan to use one
- IP Address or Domain Name of your Active Directory server if you plan on using windows user accounts for logging in.
5. Tips for Running Expressway
- Run all available Windows Updates and reboot server before installing/updating
- Server 2008: Ensure that Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is disabled (Server Manager > Security Information section > Configure IE ESC > Disable for Administrators)
- Run Internet Explorer as an administrator, even if logged on to the server as an administrator account
Contact Passageways Technical Support to create a community account, based off of your customer account number.
Does the Portal support SQL Server 2000?
In part because Microsoft has discontinued mainstream support for SQL Server 2000, we no longer support SQL Server 2000. SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition is the recommended version of SQL Server.
Can the same server be used for both the web application and SQL?
It is highly recommended that different servers are used for both the SQL server and the application server. If the ability to use separate servers does not exist, please ensure that adequate resources are available for both including up to 16-32 GB of RAM and at least 500 GB - 1 TB of disk space
Can different servers be used for the web application and SQL?
Yes, the web application and SQL can be installed on different servers. The same hardware and software requirements will apply to both servers. If separate servers are used, the web server must be able to connect to SQL. If you are planning on using database documents it is recommended that you increase the Hard Disk space on the SQL server to accommodate this additional storage.
Do we need a full SQL license?
Yes a full SQL License is required. Passageways software is not compatible with SQL Express. For more information please see Microsoft's "How to Buy" page located here.