NOTE: It is recommended that you contact Passageways Technical Support to assist with this update. Please email email@example.com or call 765-535-1880 opt.1 to schedule.
This release is Expressway exclusive. It is not available through Live Update!
If your portal was not installed with Expressway, you MUST make sure that there are no available updates left in Live Update! If there are, it is required to apply these updates before launching Expressway. click here
Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
\1. If your portal was not installed with Passageways Expressway, you MUST run LiveUpdate at this point to ensure that there are no remaining updates in Live Update before proceeding. Failure to do so will result in Expressway installing over your existing software. For information on running Live Update, please click here.
2. If your portal has KM Consulting Application, please contact Passageways Support to schedule a patch for KM needed for compatibility with this update.
Now you are ready to Proceed to Upgrade with Expressway
We recommend if you are using IIS 6, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as..." and uncheck the box labeled "Run this program with restricted access." If you are using IIS 7, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". While not required, it may help prevent read/write issues that may occur during updating.
1. Log into the My Software Website from the server where you will perform the update at https://mysoftware.passageways.com.
2. Click on Run Expressway and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide which can assist you in updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance.
3. If this is your first time running Expressway, some dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
4. You will be presented with a list of your installed portals that have been properly upgraded through Live Update. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish to update. If you click on the status "Ready to Update" you can choose to select specific products you wish to update.
5. After clicking next, your installation will verify the files and SQL tables of your installation. If your installation does not pass file and SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
5A. If your portal was installed prior to the launch of Expressway, you will be required to point to your portals Framework and Documents database. If you select the wrong database, you will fail validation.
6. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.***
Note: If you receive Error - 2147217900: failed to execute SQL... you will need to go into SQL and backup the Products database with a backup type of "Transaction Log" and re-run Expressway.
7. Complete the Wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete
*** If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support.
Post Update Manual Step
1. If the Products and Services link is listed in your navigation tree then you will need to correct the URL for the Custom Navigation Node.
a. Browsing to [drive]:\inetpub\wwwroot\passageways
b. Edit the CustomNavigationNodes.config file
c. Locate the CustomNode for Products and Services
d. Change the Url from [URL]/Modules/Products/BrowseProducts.aspx to URL]/Modules/Products/UI/Navigation/BrowserTreePage.aspx
***If the 'Upload Image' tab from the Image Manager is grayed out when trying to upload images to sections such as 'Related Products' from the product, check that the MediaGalleryDirectory module property is set to here: [drive]:\inetpub\wwwroot\Passageways\Media\Products and that the Passageways user has full access. It may be set to C:\Program Data\Passageways\Production Portal\Modules\Products. This path is fine but the upload image tool may be grey if access to this folder is restricted. ***