Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. If your portal was not installed with Passageways Expressway, you MUST run LiveUpdate at this point to ensure that there are no remaining updates in Live Update before proceeding. Failure to do so will result in Expressway installing over your existing software. For information on running Live Update, please click here.
2. Please review the Known Issues here- Help Desk Module v4.2.3 Release Information
Now you are ready to Proceed to Upgrade with Expressway
We recommend if you are using IIS 6, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as..." and uncheck the box labeled "Run this program with restricted access." If you are using IIS 7, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". While not required, it may help prevent read/write issues that may occur during updating.
1. Log into the My Software Website from the server where you will perform the update at https://mysoftware.passageways.com.
2. Click on Run Expressway and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide which can assist you in updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance.
3. If this is your first time running Expressway, some dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
4. You will be presented with a list of your installed portals that have been properly upgraded through Live Update. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish to update. If you click on the status "Ready to Update" you can choose to select specific products you wish to update.
5. After clicking next, your installation will verify the files and SQL tables of your installation. If your installation does not pass file and SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
5A. If your portal was installed prior to the launch of Expressway, you may be prompted for the database to update. Please select the correct database or contact Technical Support if you are unsure. If the incorrect database is selected, Expressway will fail the database validation and the update will not complete.
ex.) When updating the Announcements module through Expressway for the first time, you will be prompted to select a database. It will ask what the database is for the 'Production_Portal_Announcements' module. The database listed in the drop down will most likely be 'Announcements' or something very similar.
6. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.
7. Complete the Wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete
*** If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support by calling 765-535-1880 opt.1 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, please try to include as much information as possible, such as: screenshots, current portal versions, modules being updated, RAP log files, etc.***
Post Update Manual Steps
- A new alert preference has been added for "A Work Order has been Reopened". Please have all users go to their My Settings and set this new alert preference setting. Technical Support will not be able to assist in assigning this alert preference for all users.