If you are having issues with mobile devices not navigating on the portal like it once did, please read through this article for a temporary solution.
Portal Framework (on mobile device ex: Ipad)
- Updating portal to PF 4.12 and trying to browse the portal on a mobile device does not work as it once did in 4.11.1 Specifically going to a workgroup and opening a page.
- Workaround: Add the page that needs to be viewed as a Public Page or use a different navigation. Default and Menu navigation does not work on the ipad. However, Outlook, Workgroup, and Classic Navigation works fine.
- To change a user to one of these navigations: Go to Portal Tools>Layouts Manager>Assign Layouts and use the drop down to one of these navigations, add the users and select ok. This will also change on a computer as well. Classic navigation is the closest to the Default navigation. The only difference is there is not a right click.
- Also, on the mobile device, go to My Settings>My Preferences. Then select the My Layouts Tab> select My Navigation and check either Classic, Oulook, or Workgroup. These will allow the pages to be navigated.
- If users do not have access to view My Layouts, then have the Portal Admin follow these steps:
1. Portal Tools
2. Layouts manager
3. Public Layouts tab
4. Select Navigation Layouts and select all that apply.
5. Click ok and retry the process of My Settings>My Preferences> My Layouts.