NOTE: It is recommended that you contact Passageways Technical Support to assist with this update. Please email email@example.com or call 765-535-1880 opt.1 to schedule.
Running Live Update
1. Log onto the portal server using a user with local administrator rights.
2. In your web browser, visit the LiveUpdate website.
Related KB: How to Update Your Portal Server Using Live Update
3. Apply dtSearch Module 126.96.36.199 and save the Manual Task to your desktop or any location of your choice.
4. Complete all Manual Tasks listed below.
Installing dtSearch Indexer
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Passageways\Services\dtSearchIndexer. Copy PortalDocumentIndexer.exe.config and paste to desktop.
- You must uninstall the previous version of dtSearch first.Browse to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove dtSearchIndexer.
Note: Installing the new indexer over the old will result in the following error message: Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.
- Download and save IndexerDeployment.msi to the desktop. Double-click to run. Click Next. Select Everyone, Next, and Close.
- Open the PortalDocumentIndexer.exe.config file saved to the desktop.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Passageways\Services\dtSearchIndexer and open the new PortalDocumentIndexer.exe.config file.
- From the old config file, copy the entire <Portals> tag to </Portals> and paste into new config file. Delete the ExcludeFilters – make sure to leave the ending tag!
- Configure website if you will be indexing a website – index path MUST be different!!! Typically you will use the name of the website to be indexed as the folder name. Make sure the new folder has been created.
- Click on PortalDocumentIndexer.exe to manually start the indexer.