NOTE: It is recommended that you contact Passageways Technical Support to assist with this update. Please email email@example.com or call 765-535-1880 opt.1 to schedule.
If your organizationhas not yet installed dtSearch and you are interested in installing it, please see the section below "Installing dtSearch on an Existing 126.96.36.199 Portal"!!
Updating Existing dtSearch Installations
Running Live Update
1. Log onto the portal server using a user with local administrator rights.
2. In your web browser, visit the LiveUpdate website.
Related KB: How to Update Your Portal Server Using Live Update
3. Running Live Update
-Click the Launch LiveUpdate link
-Enter username and password.
-Browse for or enter Path to Portal Root & Path to Backups & Update Files
-Choose items to update, and then click next.
There is a product missing in my “Ready to Install” product list, what do I do?
-Select the portal to update from the licensing drop down. Click Next.
Why is my portal not showing up in the Select License drop down?
If the portal you are attempting to update is not visible in the drop down this is due to a clerical error on Passageways end. Please cancel your update and contact us immediately and we will resolve this for you immediately.
|Why is my test/board/vendor portal not showing up in the Select License drop down?
Similar to the issue above, this is most likely because we do not have a physical record indicating that you have a test / board / vendor portal. Please cancel your update and contact us immediately and we will resolve this for you immediately.
-Review updates and click next when update status is “Ready”.
-Update will apply and if runs without errors will give you the option to open the log file and backups folder. View files or click finish to continue.
(NOTE: If while running Live Update, the update errors & begins to rollback the updates, contact Passageways)
Service packs or patches may include manual tasks that Live Update cannot complete automatically but are necessary for the udpate to work correctly. These manual tasks are typically SQL scripts that need to be run against the appropriate database. Details of the manual tasks are listed below.
1. No manual task included
Installing dtSearch on an Existing 188.8.131.52 Portal
!!! Do not proceed with installation unless your portal has been updated to Portal Framework 184.108.40.206 through Live Update. Only follow this section if your portal was updated to 220.127.116.11 through LiveUpdate !!!
1. Log onto the My Software Website at https://mysoftware.passageways.com.
2. Click "Run Expressway" and follow the instructions in the application.
3. In the application, select your portal from the list of licenses that you wish to install dtSearch against. dtSearch should be listed as ready to install.
4. Follow the instructions are you are prompted for them to complete the installation.
5. Most configuration settings are automatically set and a scheduled task to run the indexer is created for you. The "Temporary Spider Path" is not configured automatically by the installation and instructions are included below so that you may do so upon installation.
Related KB: How to update your portal using Expressway
Setting the Temporary Spider Path
1. Navigate to c:/program files/passageways/services/dtsearch/ and open PortalDocumentIndexer.exe.config
2. The item with this key in the “appSettings” section of the PortalDocumentIndexer.exe.config specifies the location where the indexer will create its temporary files during the indexing process
3. An entry looks like this:
<add key=”TempSpiderPath” value=”C:\dtSearch\uniquename\” />
key – This is not a user configurable key. The indexer application requires this to be “TempSpiderPath” in order for it to work
value – The file path to the location where temporary files will be manipulated during the indexing process
4. Manually run the dtSearch Indexer to recreate the document index immediately, or wait for the scheduled task to run for you.