Purpose of Release
dtSearch 4.2 focuses on improving the document search experience, expanding on the security of dt search indexing and improving the performance of the indexer.
- Documents can now be searched by title/filename.
- The dtSearch Indexer now requires additional authentication with the Portal Framework when your portal is Forms Authenticated. This will result in a significant security boost for the portal.
- Document search results will now utilize the framework's WebDav link.
- Document search results that you have checked out prior to performing the search are now able to be used with Live Edit, from the search result.
- All module properties have been updated with clearer descriptions.
- The way the index is built has been reworked. It should take up significantly less hard disk space now.
- In addition to less disk space, the amount of time it takes to perform the indexing has been reduced.
- Removed the percentage value from the document search results. We determined that this value was confusing for end users.
- Re-enabled the Max Files to Retrieve module property.
- Verified that temporary files are successfully cleaned up by the spided.
- The module property "Exclude Filters" is no longer case sensitive.