The Dashboards Module v188.8.131.52 Upgrade can be applied to your portal with Live Update. There are manual tasks required including a SQL Script which will update the Dashboards database.
Before upgrading the module make sure you are ready for Dashboards Module v184.108.40.206.
- Verify Portal Framework 220.127.116.11
- Verify Dashboards module 18.104.22.168 or higher is installed
How to Verify Versions (broken link)
Dashboards 22.214.171.124 Patch Installation Notes (broken link)
NOTE: If an older version of the Portal Framework is in use, you must upgrade or contact Passageways to have an upgrade to at least 126.96.36.199 before continuing.
1. Backup the Passageways database (Locate the database, right-click, Tasks -> Back-Up...)
2. Backup the Dashboards database (Locate the database, right-click, Tasks -> Back-Up...)
Upgrade the Module
1. Log onto the portal server using a user with local administrator rights.
2. Create a folder on the portal server desktop for Dashboards files.
3. In your web browser, visit the LiveUpdate website.
Related KB: How to Update Your Portal Server Using Live Update
4. Apply Dashboards Module v188.8.131.52 and save the Manual Task to the desktop folder.
5. Complete all Manual Tasks listed below.
Service packs or patches may include manual tasks that Live Update cannot complete automatically but are necessary for the update to work correctly. These manual tasks are typically SQL scripts that need to be run against the appropriate database. Details of the manual tasks are listed below.
1. Run SQL Script on the Dashboards database.
a. Execute the SQL Script DashboardCreatorModule_4000_CreateScript.sql in the database Dashboards.
2. Migrate the data from old Dashboards to new Dashboards.
a. Download the Migration Tool to a folder on the desktop of the server and unzip it.
b. Open a command prompt and navigate to the location of the migrate.exe file that was unzipped.
c. Run in the command prompt: migrate [Path to portal] (for example: migrate c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Passageways)
d. After the migrate task is complete, close the window. You may now delete the desktop folder created earlier.
3. Set Island Permissions for My Visualization island.
NOTE: After updating Dashboards, users will be prompted to install SilverLight if it is not already installed. SilverLight is required on the client's machine to run the Dashboards module.
1. Ensure the appropriate users have write permissions to the Providers/Excel/temp folder as this is required for the Excel Provider to function properly
2. If the server does not have Office 2007 installed, you must install the '2007 Office System Driver : Data Connectivity Components'
Found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en
2a. If Office 2010 Excel spreadsheets are going to be used, and Office 2010 is not installed on the server, instead of installing the above, install the 'Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable' located at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
3. The current configuration should already allow for this to work, but if you run into problems, ensure that the app pool for the website is running in 32 bit mode. This driver may not work otherwise.
4. Ensure the extension ".xap" with mimeType "application/x-silverlight-app" is registered for the site in IIS. This can be done by going to the properties of the web site > HTTP Headers tab > click on MIME Types > New...> type ".xap" into the Extension field and application/x-silverlight into the MIME type.
5. Make sure ActiveX Filtering is not turned on.