Calendar Module 184.108.40.206 upgrade improves Calendar functionality and moves the calendar tables from the Passageways database into a new Calendar database. Due to this change the installation of this upgrade will be done by using the Module Installer instead of Live Update.
We have outlined the steps in detail below along with links to any information that you need so that you can complete the upgrade on your own if you choose. Passageways will gladly perform this upgrade for you as well. If you would like for us to assist you please contact your Account Executive to schedule the upgrade.
This upgrade can be done during the day with minimal downtime required.
Are you ready for Calendar 220.127.116.11?
- Verify Calendar module 18.104.22.168 is installed by going to Portal Tools > Support Resources > System Information in the Passageways Portal. If an older version of Announcements is in use, you must run Live Update and install Calendar 22.214.171.124 before continuing.
- Must be on Portal Framework 126.96.36.199 or higher
Before installing the module
1. Create a folder on the portal server desktop for Calendar files
2. Download the Calendar Module and save to the new folder on the server.
3. Rename the file to Calendar_188.8.131.52.module after downloading to the folder on the desktop.
2. Make a backup copy of the Calendar Module folder. The path is usually c:\inetpub\wwwroot\passageways\modules\calendar
3. Make a backup copy of Passageways.Modules.Calendar.dll, which is located in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\passageways\bin. Put the backup copy in the folder on the desktop.
4. In the SQL database, make a backup copy of the Passageways database
5. Create a new database called Calendar
1. Check the "Use full-text indexing" box on the New Database screen
2. Under Security > Logins, select the Passageways database user properties and set User Mapping for the Calendar database to include db_owner.
How to Install Calendar Module 184.108.40.206
- Run the Module Installer by going to All Programs, Passageways, Module Installer (Note: If the module installer is not installed you can download it here.)
- Introduction, Next (Different versions of installer may not have introduction page)
- Browse to the Portal Path (usually c:\inetpub\wwwroot\passageways)
- Browse to the Calendar_220.127.116.11.module file on the desktop, Click the Install Module button
- Click Yes to override the installed module folder Calendar
- Click Yes to override the installed module assembly Passageways.Modules.Calendar.dll
- Click Yes to override the existing SQL Script File in Calendar
- Verify the Connection String value is correct and make the necessary changes, then click Save
- Save the default value for Is Outlook 2000 Used
- Click Yes to automatically install the SQL script that is bundled with the Calendar module.
- Run Updatescript.sql to moved stored data from the Passageways to the Calendar database
a Browse to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\passageways\modules\calendar and open UpdateScript.txt. Copy and paste to a new query window in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio
- Change the source and target databases in Lines 7 & 8 if necessary
- Turn on SQLCMD mode and select the Calendar database, then execute the script
Starting Calendar update process.
Check to see if the tables exist
Preparing the database for the update process.
Creating Stored Procedures.
Populating data in tables.
- Navigate to Tools, Manage Portal Framework, Manage Cache, Refresh Cache, OK
- Refresh the Browser (F5)
- Navigate to a Workgroup Page to Add Islands
- Verify Calendar Module lists Group Calendar and Weekly Group Events Islands