NOTE: It is recommended that you contact Passageways Technical Support to assist with this update. Please email email@example.com or call 765-535-1880 opt.1 to schedule.
This release is Expressway exclusive. It is not available through Live Update!
If your portal was not installed with Expressway, you MUST make sure that there are no available updates left in Live Update! If there are, it is required to apply these updates before launching Expressway.
Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. If your portal was not installed with Passageways Expressway, you MUST run LiveUpdate at this point to ensure that there are no remaining updates in Live Update before proceeding. Failure to do so will result in Expressway installing over your existing software. For information on running Live Update, please click here.
Verify that all of Framework and all Modules are Expressway enabled be reviewing the versions listed below. If you find any versions that are earlier than the ones listed you will need to run LiveUpdate to get to these versions before running Expressway.
Portal Framework v4.8.1
Assigned Tasks v3.5.0
Expense Reports v4.0.0
Form Builder v4.1.0
Help Desk v4.1.0
Meeting Packet Creator v4.0.0
Microsoft Outlook v3.4.0
Read Receipt v4.1.0
Vendor Management v4.1.0
***If the version is above that listed here, apply those updates through Expressway****
2. Install .NET 4.0 on the application server. The Microsoft installer can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851.
3. Run all Windows Updates & make sure the server has been restarted.
Now you are ready to Proceed to Upgrade with Expressway
We recommend if you are using IIS 6, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as..." and uncheck the box labeled "Run this program with restricted access." If you are using IIS 7, when launching Internet Explorer, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". While not required, itmay help prevent read/write issues that may occur during updating.
1. Log into the My Software Website from the server where you will perform the update at https://mysoftware.passageways.com.
2. Click on Run Expressway and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide which can assist you in updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance.
3. If this is your first time running Expressway, some dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
4. You will be presented with a list of your installed portals that have been properly upgraded through Live Update. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish to update. If you click on the status "Ready to Update" you can choose to select specific products you wish to update.
5. After clicking next, your installation will verify the files and SQL tables of your installation. If your installation does not pass file and SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
5A. If your portal was installed prior to the launch of Expressway, you will be required to point to your portals Framework and Documents database. If you select the wrong database, you will fail validation.
6. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.***
7. Complete the Wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete
*** If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support.
Post Update Checks
Error in portal after update
If you receive the error above after updating and have IIS6 installed on the portal server, follow the steps below to resolve the error.
- Log on to the portal server and locate the web.config file.
- Find the line specified in the error and comment, or delete, the line.
It should then look like this:
<!--<remove name=”ScriptModule” />-->
Web.config: Document Location Tag
* If you have to manually enter a username and password to get into the portal, you have Forms authentication and will need to make the following changes for document functionality in the webconfig.
1. Navigate to the Passageways root folder and open the web.config (usually here C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Passageways)
2. Scroll to the very bottom of the file or search for <location>.
3. Make sure the location tag looks like below:
<allow users="*" />
**Make sure you don't add a duplicate tag or the portal will be brought down!! If you're not comfortable making these changes, please don't hesitate to email Passageways Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.