Employee Portal Solution Upcoming Release
Posted Date: June 23, 2014
Target Release Date: August 8th, 2014 *Previously July 31
Early this year, Passageways began an initiative with the primary goal of incorporating your evolving needs and delivering improvements to our Employee Portal Solution, now being used by 280 organizations.
Through the evaluation of over 1,000 product change requests, and how they affect you, we identified a number of key enhancements and fixes that are being targeted. These areas include: Search Improvements, IE browser compatibility, Document Management, User Management, and Portal Text Editor User Experience. As we shared at our annual conference PowWOW, we are happy to state that in the past 6 months we have made significant strides towards this effort.
The first in a series of releases planned for 2014 is well under way. We have already completed and released an update to Expressway, our product delivery system, which significantly improved user experience and efficiency. We have also initiated updates to several products that primarily focus on fixing critical and high priority bugs, Portal Agent stability, Search enhancements, and IE compatibility.
We are thrilled to announce that we are planning to release phase one at the end of July!
Key Product Updates
- Portal Framework 4.12
- Announcements 4.11
- dtSearch 4.3
- Forms Builder Module 4.11
- Polls 4.2
- Products and Services 4.11
- Vendor Management 4.4
Exciting new enhancements and improvements coming with this release
- Full Support of Windows Server 2012
- Ability to delete Conversation Topics
- Ability to use Advanced Search Logic using Keywords 'AND' and 'OR'
- Ability to Search within a container such as, a Workgroup or Document Folder
- Addition of Document Location to Document Search Results
- Improved User Experience using IE10 without Compatibility Mode
- Confirmation dialogue when deleting Documents or Folders from the Document Repository
- Portal Text Editor has been updated to provide a more consistent user experience
- Portal Agent and Notification Systems have been improved to decrease the need for Portal Agent Restarts
- Vendor Management 4.4 is being released
Key Bug fixes coming with this release
- Old versions of Database Documents will show the correct version
- Editing Folder Permissions no longer results an error if a user was deleted who was given permissions to that folder
- Editing a PTE should not longer results in extra lines being added to existing content
- Conversation Permissions that are set using workgroups are now being accurately checked
- On the List Island, restricted permissions on sub-folders are now being enforced
- Deactivated Users will no longer show as followers on user profiles, in Document Folder permissions, as Relationship Managers on Vendor Summary Reports
Our work doesn't stop here! As we look forward to the remainder of the year, we will continue working on more improvements to our Employee Portal Solution. In addition, we are actively working on replacing the current Support Center so we can offer a centralized location for finding answers and information.
Please be sure to watch for more information and announcements to come. If you have any questions, or would like to submit a new product change request, don't hesitate to contact our support team by emailing email@example.com or calling 765-535-1880 opt. 1.
We hope you are as excited as we are about the vast improvements that are coming!