In EIM 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, there were changes made to the locations of the config files so that each user could have individual settings instead of there being a computer-specific set of settings.
There is currently a bug in these version of EIM where if the setting "When I start my computer" - "Automatically start Passageways Enterprise Instant Messenger" is checked, then when EIM starts up, it looks at the old location for the config file instead of the new location.
- Turn off Automatically Start Passageways Enterprise Instant Messenger When I start my computer.
- Create a file c:\windows\system32\client.config, and putting the following text into it with the appropriate settings:
<Preferences xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
- This is the location where it looks for the file upon startup if you have the option checked.
- Throw the EIM client shortcut (on desktop) in to the Start Menu Programs folder
- Windows 7 location ex.) C:\Users\Meredith\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\pweimclient.exe