Set the Page to Redirect
*This will set the start page that they will redirect to upon entering the portal.
1. Portal Tools-->Manage Portal Framework-->Layouts Manager-->Click "Configure page redirection" tab.
2. Search for the page you want to redirect.
3. Select the page. Click View page details.
4. Select the Users or roles you want redirected. Click OK.
Creating a custom start page (Currently works on portals below 6.0, we're working on this for newer portals)
1. Create the page. This can be done using any valid web page, including .aspx, .htm/l, .php, etc.
2. Place the page within the portal’s root folder, usually C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Passageways.
3. Create a URL page within the portal.
4. Follow the ‘Set the Page to Redirect’ steps above and continue onto the directions below.
Set Users/Roles MyStartPage Redirect
*All users will need to set their My Start Page to Page Redirect. Here are steps to set this.
1. Portal Tools-->Manage Portal Framework-->Layouts Manager-->Assign Layouts tab
2. Choose PortalStartPage - Page Redirect in the dropdown box.
3. Select the Users/Roles you want assigned to this redirect.
4. Click OK
User Set Start Page Settings (optional redirect)
*This allows the option to set the users start page without making them change their settings. Follow the steps below if you want the users to have the option to set their redirect.
1. My Settings-->My Preferences-->My Layouts tab-->My Start Page Tab.
2. Check Page Redirect. Click OK. Refresh Portal
*This should set the redirect page for the user.
*Each user will need to set their start page layout for the redirect to work for them (if they were not assigned the layout).