Anchors can be created to link you from one spot on a page to another, such as a table of contents section at the top of a Portal Text Editor to a section of text at the bottom of the page. There are two ways to accomplish this:
Create your own html tags by hand
1. In a Portal Text Editor, create the text you wish to link to another spot on the page (in this example, it is "Jump to any place." In the html view of the editor, enter this syntax:
<a href="#anyword">Jump to any place</a>
2. Create the text you wish to jump to (in this example the text is "jump to this place"). In the html view of the Portal Text Editor, enter this syntax:
<a name="anyword">Jump to this place</a>
This will allow you to create a Portal Text Editor that may contain a lot of content, but it can be easily navigated by users.
Use the Hyperlink Manager Tool in the Portal Text Editor
1. In a Portal Text Editor, create the you wish to link to another spot on the page (in this example, it is "Jump to any place.").
2. Highlight the text and click on Hyper Link Manager
3. Click on the Anchor Tab
4. Type "anyword" (without the quotation marks) in both the ID and Name fields
5. Then hit OK
6. Select the text you want to click on to move to another area, and then click on the Hyperlink Manager.
7. On the Hyperlink Manager window, click on Existing Anchor
8. Select the Anchor you created, then click OK
NOTE: If Existing Anchor does not have your Anchor listed in the dropdown, you can replace the http:// in the top field URL with your anchor name starting with a #, so for this example: #anyword
9. Then click Publish.