Create NEW Dropdown Toolbars in 45 Minutes or Less!
(In just a few easy steps with NO Server Access Needed)
Step One: Make sure all your dropdown buttons are created
- Go to Module Tools -> Portal Framework -> Manage Dropdowns
- Click the ‘+’ at the top to make a New Dropdown
The top left section (1) is where you'll name the toolbar (this is what displays) and type in an optional description. The description text only shows to the people who have permission to administrate the drop down toolbars.
Under items (2), you can add or delete menus items. You can also move the menu items up, or down with the arrows. Clicking a menu item name will open properties on the right. (3)
In properties, you can link to any Portal Page you have access to, or add an external link (External links must have the full url, including https://) You can optionally decide to have the item open in a new window.
Repeat this step as many times as needed to create as many buttons as you like. You are only limited by what fits on your screen! You can see we created several buttons!
Step Two: Make some decisions
- Decide which Dropdown buttons you want in this specific toolbar.
- You will need to note the ID# for each one. and decide what order you want them in.
OS Pro Tip: Remember: you can make different toolbars for different Users, or different Roles, based on the needs of your organization.
Step Three: Export/Rename the Onsemble Dropdown Toolbar Layout
If you have never done this before, follow this article!
Step Four: Customize the .ascx
- Open the .ascx file – Be sure to Right click, Open with Notepad
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the file. Look for something like this:
The Dropdown ID comes from your portal – the dropdown buttons you created in Step One.
The TabIndex is the order they appear in your toolbar.
You can add more (just copy/paste) or remove as many as you need to. In the example below, I want to have:
- Five menus
- I want the following ID Numbers to display in the following order:
- ID 4
- ID 2
- ID 3
- ID 1
- ID 5
Save the file, zip and ship following the same instructions from above.
Woo! That’s it!!! You’re done! Do a little dance and have a piece of candy. You earned it!