**This release requires the installation of an updated client.**
Important information regarding this update:
- The update requires Portal Framework version 6.0+.
- EIM 6.0+ also requires Server 2008 or newer, as it uses IIS 7.0.
- This update requires all users to update their EIM client.
- The Client also requires .NET Framework 4.0 to be installed on client machines for installation to work correctly. Once the installation is complete, 3.5 may be removed. These can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/net/default.aspx#netfx
Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. Run all Windows Updates and make sure the server has been restarted.
2. Review EIM 6.0.3 Release Information for enhancements and bug fixes.
Installing or Updating using Expressway
1. Log on to the application server using the Portal's identity account (domain user, local admin on server).
2. Run Internet Explorer as an administrator (right click on Internet Explorer from Start Menu > Run as administrator).
3. Log into the My Software Website from the server- https://mysoftware.passageways.com
4. Click on the "Run Expressway" link and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide, which can assist you in installing/updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance (email@example.com or 765-535-1880 opt.1).
5. If this is a new installation, dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
6. You will be presented with a list of your portal(s) to select, as well as select individual modules for updates. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish you install/update. If you click on the status "Ready to Install" or "Ready to Update" link, you can view the available updates.
7. After clicking next, your installation will verify the portal files and SQL tables. If your installation does not pass file or SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
7a. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.
7b. Complete the wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete.
***If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 765-535-1880 opt1.
Installing the Client
1. Install the client on all users' machines by running the client installer, on each individual machine. Located here on the server- C:\Program Files\Passageways\[entitlementname]\Enterprise Instant Messenger
2. Configure the client settings by entering the portal URL. Users can choose to enter their credentials manually, with the option to save, or the use of Windows credentials may be used to login the user.
3. Login! That's it!
EIM File Locations
Screenshots/Sounds/UserPreference.config----C:\Users\username.DOMAIN\AppData\Roaming\Passageways\Enterprise Instant Messenger
Server folder and client installer
C:\Program Files\Passageways\Enterprise Instant Messenger (SHOULD CHANGE to C:\Program Data\Passageways\[entitlementname]\Enterprise Instant Messenger)
C:\Program Data\Passageways\Enterprise Instant Messenger\Server
C:\Program Files (x86)\Passageways\Enterprise Instant Messenger
C:\Program Files (x86)\Passageways\Enterprise Instant Messenger\Client
Known Issues and Solutions
-If users cannot log in, go into the web.config and make sure that:
A) The ActiveDirectoryUserProfile provider is not commented out.
B) There is an LDAP connection string.
-If users can log in but cannot message each other:
The Identity Account is not correct in the portal. It may be missing, be deactivated, or have an incorrect password. Make sure those are all correct.
The account running the asp.net authentication in IIS needs changed. Change the aspnet impersonation for authentication in iis from specific user to an authenticated user.