Before Proceeding to Upgrade with Expressway
1. Run all Windows Updates and make sure the server has been restarted.
2. Review Help Desk Module 6.0.3 Release Information for enhancements and bug fixes.
Installing or Updating using Expressway
1. Log on to the application server using the Portal's identity account (domain user, local admin on server).
2. Run Internet Explorer as an administrator (right click on Internet Explorer from Start Menu > Run as administrator).
3. Log into the My Software Website from the server- https://mysoftware.passageways.com.
If you do not have a login, please contact technical support or your CSM to get your organization's account number to create the account.
If you've forgotten your password, please contact technical support or your CSM to reset it for your account. The forgot password link will not send an email alert.
4. Click on the "Run Expressway" link and follow the prompts. If you are unsure of how to proceed, please review the Expressway Installation Guide, which can assist you in installing/updating your portal or contact Technical Support for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-535-1880 opt.1).
5. If this is a new installation, dialogues will appear to assist in gathering information about your server. This information will be saved for future Expressway runs.
6. You will be presented with a list of your portal(s) to select, as well as select individual modules for updates. Select the check box to the left of the portal you wish you install/update. If you click on the status "Ready to Install" or "Ready to Update" link, you can view the available updates.
7. After clicking next, your installation will verify the portal files and SQL tables. If your installation does not pass file or SQL validation, please contact Technical Support!
7a. Clicking next one additional time will begin the upgrade.
7b. Complete the wizard and your portal upgrade will be complete.
***If the update fails at any point and rolls back, please contact Technical Support by emailing email@example.com or calling 765-535-1880 opt1.
Post Update Checklist
1. Set alert preferences. My Settings > My Preferences > Alerts tab